Position: Partner and Head of Litigation
Brighton, East Grinstead and Worthing
Telephone: 01273 604123
Kevin Smyth is a Senior Partner and Head of the Family Department at Burt Brill & Cardens.
Kevin has many years of experience in successfully advising and representing clients on wide range sensitive family law matters, including:
- Property Disputes following the breakdown of a relationship
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Civil Partnerships and Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Ancillary Relief
- Contact and Residence Orders.
- Admitted Solicitor of the Supreme Court - July 1973
- Partner of Burt Brill & Edwards 1975-1986
- A founding Partner of Burt Brill & Cardens 1986 to date. Head of Litigation since 1986
- Special areas of practice: Family, professional negligence, employment, commercial disputes and mediation.
- Appointed Member of the Court of Appeal's Mediation Panel
- Former Chairman of Legal Services Commission's Funding Review Committee for the South Eastern No 2 Area 1999/2000 and Joint Chairman of the Southern No 3 Area 2001
- Currently a Nominated Chairman of Committees hearing Review Applications and Appeals against decisions of the Legal Services Commission Special Cases Unit
- Independent Adjudicator appointed by Legal Services Commission to determine Appeal and Review Applications (both SCU and non SCU cases).
Membership of Professional Organisations
Membership of Law Society Panels
- Family Law Panel (since June 1999)
- Civil/Commercial Mediation Panel (Practitioner Member since August 2002)