We are looking for a high-calibre, hardworking, and enthusiastic Paralegal to join our Conveyancing Department.
You will be educated to degree level and have completed the Legal Practice Course.
Experienced in conducting fee earning activities, and of legal research, you will be numerate, IT savvy, meticulous and organised, with strong time management skills and a can-do attitude. You are keen to learn, help the department grow, and have an interest in supporting clients.
You will enjoy multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, adept at overcoming problems and working with clients and third parties to tight deadlines. You will have strong written and oral communications skills and a good attention to detail even under stressful circumstances. You will have the self-confidence to identify and escalate problems as soon as you see them.
Efficient and meticulous, you will be the driving force in the department. Maintaining excellent standards, you will be passionate about upholding our core values of client focus, integrity, expertise and courtesy.
To provide legal and administrative support to our Fee Earners, to include:
- Jointly manage, with and under the supervision of a solicitor, a varied and complex caseload
- Taking phone calls and dealing with correspondence from clients and third parties including other solicitors
- Drive the administrative management of files, including opening and closing of matters
- Oversee file compliance administration and ensuring that files are maintained in a compliant manner from opening to closure
- Provide first rate service to new and existing clients
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation
- Learn and use case management systems for matter management including time recording, data input, drafting and distribution of correspondence, and simple accounting transactions.
- Complete any specific training as and when required, and to take a proactive responsibility for your professional development
- Undertake any other tasks as may be required from time to time
WHY JOIN US?
We are looking to provide the right candidate with an outstanding opportunity to join a thriving Conveyancing team. Enjoying a varied workload, you will be working with an outstanding and diligent team of professionals in a friendly atmosphere, working towards a shared goal to provide our clients with excellence. You will be based in an ideal local location at the very heart of Brighton, situated across from the Pier and a stone’s throw from the centre of town.
Burt Brill & Cardens is a firm steeped in history, having worked for clients in Brighton & Hove since 1893, and based in our Old Steyne office for over 125 years. In joining the firm, you join a legacy of history of which we are extremely proud.
To apply for or discuss the role in more detail, please contact Molly Keenan by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates with relevant experience. Although the firm acts for clients all over the world we expect a successful candidate to demonstrate a commitment to Brighton and the surrounding area. There are no fixed timescales for job vacancies with the firm and the opportunity may close or be withdrawn without notice.