Litigation Fee Earner
NQ Solicitor to 2+ PQE, or CILEX equivalent
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to undertake and oversee fee earning work for a range of litigation matters, managing matters from initial enquiry through to matter conclusion.
You will be a solicitor who is newly qualified to two-year PQE or CiLEX equivalent and are looking to embark upon the next step in your career. Eager to take on a role in which your work will have a meaningful impact within the firm, you will be experienced in building and maintaining excellent relationships with both clients and service providers alike, and have skills and experience across Litigation work. You enjoy problem solving in an effort to find the best outcome for the client and are adept at conducting legal research. You understand the Code of Conduct and how to conduct yourself in Litigation.
You have a good track record of performing in an organised and meticulous manner. Maintaining excellent standards, you will be passionate about upholding our values of client focus, integrity, expertise, and courtesy. You will also be ambitious, industrious, and have a growth mindset. You will meet fee earning targets while support the Head of Litigation develop and grow the team.
- To manage a range of matters including; property, professional negligence, contentious probate and general commercial disputes from their inception to closure
- Provide first rate service to new and existing clients
- Work with our New Business Director to onboard new clients, overseeing estimation of costs, and taking on new instructions
- Successfully liaise and maintain strong relationships with all manner of parties
- To provide holiday and absence cover for other fee earners in the team
- To safeguard the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation
- To complete any specific training as and when required, and to take a proactive responsibility for your professional and personal development
- To achieve agreed levels of time-recording and other targets
- To contribute to business development activity with regular production of blog posts and marketing activities
- To undertake any other tasks as may be required from time to time
- Maintain the highest levels of professional conduct
WHY JOIN US?
We are looking to provide the right candidate with an outstanding opportunity to join a thriving Litigation team. We will provide you with the autonomy to do so; open to your ideas and providing a platform for your professional growth. Enjoying a varied workload, you will be working with an outstanding and diligent team of professionals in a friendly atmosphere, working towards a shared goal to provide our clients with excellence. You will be based in an ideal local location at the very heart of Brighton, situated across from the Pier and a stone’s throw from the centre of town.
Burt Brill & Cardens is a firm steeped in history, having worked for clients in Brighton & Hove since 1893, and based in our Old Steyne office for 123 years. Our founder, Herbert Carden, was instrumental in buying surrounding farmlands around Brighton in order to protect the environment against over development. In joining the firm, you join a legacy of history of which we are extremely proud.
To apply for or discuss the role in more detail, please contact Ross Auld, COO, by email at email@example.com.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates with relevant experience. Although the firm acts for clients all over the world we expect a successful candidate to demonstrate a commitment to Brighton and the surrounding area. There are no fixed timescales for job vacancies with the firm and the opportunity may close or be withdrawn without notice.