Writing Your Will
Making a Will is an essential act in protecting your family and loved ones in the event of your death.
If you do not make a Will, the law will decide who receives all your assets in line with pre-ordained rules. These rules will not take into account unmarried partners or step-children, never mind specific wishes you have about who should look after your children, your pets, and your property.
You should make a Will if you:
- Want to decide who inherits your property, savings, shares, and personal possessions if you die
- Have children under the age of 18 – appointing guardians to take care of your children will avoid family disputes and make sure that you are in control of who takes care of your children, no matter what happens
- Want to make sure that your children are provided for financially – we can advise on how to create trusts and put money aside for your children once they turn 18
- Have a pet that will need to be taken care of
- Have a long-term unmarried partner – the law will not provide for them, meaning they could be left with nothing, unless you account for them in your Will
- Want to make sure that taxes and assets are managed properly so that your family do not have to deal with difficult financial problems if you die
- Want to leave money to charities or other specific causes
- Have specific wishes for your funeral and what happens to your body when you die
Not creating a valid Will leaves your loved ones vulnerable and your affairs out of your hands.
We are expert Will Writing solicitors with over 125 years’ experience in helping individuals and families with their legal affairs. We take great pride in our reputation, which comes not only from a century of providing first-rate legal services, but from the outstanding staff that look after our clients today.
We pride ourselves on our integrity, expertise, and client focus. If you would like to speak to our team about your Will, call us now.
What our clients say about us
“Excellent expert advice. Caring, compassionate and professional. Would recommend for any legal matter. I have used their services for wills, conveyancing and divorce. All the team have always been amazing.”
“Burt Brill(iant) & Cardens…fantastic from start to finish, extremely professional, knowledgeable, competent and reassuring. We couldn’t have wished for a better service.”
“Incredibly on the ball, welcoming of any queries, patient and prompt with all concerns…there has been no need to chase or prompt as everything has been handled efficiently and professionally.”
Take action today
If you do not have a Will, or your current Will needs updating, it is essential that you call us at your earliest convenience on 01273 604 123, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your initial appointment. We offer meetings by video call or telephone if you would prefer a no-contact consultation.